The last of my pumpkin puree!
These muffins are incredibly airy and deliciously moist. The Internet tells me all the credit goes to the Greek yogurt I used.
The recipe is essentially Cooking with My Kid’s Best Ever Pumpkin Muffins recipe. I decreased the sugar and increased the pumpkin.
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch salt
teaspoon ground cinnamon*
teaspoon ground nutmeg*
teaspoon ground ginger*
teaspoon ground allspice*
teaspoon ground cloves*
2 cups pumpkin puree
cup vegetable cooking oil
cup plain Greek yogurt
* Alternately, substitute the spices altogether with 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix dry (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices) and wet (pumpkin, eggs, oil, yogurt) ingredients in separate bowls.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients until blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin tray until tins are half full. Bake for 18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Yield: about 15 muffins, or 30 mini muffins